Sun County

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:38:45 +1200

Lowell A Francis:

>The first question is about the relation of the Sun Dome County(ies) to
>the Lunar Empire. In the "Sun Dome County" supplement we have Solthanos
>Ironspike who likes to duel Dara Happan Rune Lords. Its unlcear to me
>whether that means Lunar-cult Dara Happans or more traditionalist or if
>that even matters; is suspect that it probably means Lunarized DH.

AFAIK General Armemnon was a lunarized Dara Happan, who was acting as the Lunar Resident in Sun County. Solanthos challenged him to a duel him so he could mount a coup against his lunarized predecessor without Agamemnon calling in hoplites to crush the attempt. When Agamemnon was killed, the Lunars were distracted elsewhere by Starbrow's revolt and when the dust had cleared, Solanthos's coup was fait accompli.

>What
>is the response of the average person or even non-average person in
>charge of the Sun Dome County to what has transpired within Dara Happa.

I don't think they care. They are more concerned about what happens within their temple and to their neighbours. Dara Happa is a far aware land about which they know nothing.

>The Red Emperor has passed the tests of the Emperor, and Yelmalios are
>supposed to respect Yelm and Priests of Yelm, so what should their
>response be?

They respect him but they are not obliged to obey him. The authority of their leaders comes directly from Yelmalio and not some temporal authority. Similar perhaps to the Great Sister's independence from the Red Emperor.

>how would they react to a "straight" Yelmi PC

With politeness.

>or even to a Shargashi PC.

Just like any other Dara Happan would: with fear and awe. Be nice and helpful to them, point them in the direction of your and his enemies as soon as possible and pray that he doesn't come back.

>What is their relationship to present DH culutre?

As little as possible.