Re: Publications

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:57:24 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke:
> Probably the delays to "Hero Wars" have something to do with this. Not to
> mention Issaries' redeployment of some of the more prolific authors as its
> in-house "experts".

Makes a change from an earlier round of sniping from some quarters, which was on the lines of The Experts being a bunch of jumped-up nobodies, with a thoroughly limp publication record. (But enough of me...) Not sure what you mean by 'in-house': makes it sounds as if we're all locked away in Greg's basement, under strict instructions to communicate only in urgent whispers to each other...

> Where's the bloody FAQs, that's what I want to know.

OK, so granted nothing has appeared on this for what's now a long time: this seems to be a combination of process inertia, wherein the FAQs that have been compiled haven't actually been 'released', and individual lethargy, where they haven't been compiled yet... (mea maxima culpa)

Mind you, in the case of Kralorela, a "F" asked "Q" would, in relative terms, be one that has appeared anywhere, once, so at present this is tantamount to an exercise in a semi-freeform essay, rather than a response to any particular public clamour. (Hint, hint.)

Cheers,
Alex.