Chalana Arroy's Runes

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 14:43:01 -0500

        Chalana Arroy is the current holder of the Harmony Rune, which she got somehow from Harana Ilor. Since the rune is supposed to represent the strings of a Harp, is there a myth about her finding the Harp of Harmony? It sounds very Godlearnerish, since she isn't associated with music in any way, except for Comfort Song. Since other gods also have the Harmony Rune, but she still owns it, presumably others have borrowed the Rune from Harana Ilor or gotten it from Chalana Arroy.

        Additionally, she also has Life, which is still owned by Uleria, which means to my mind that she must have drunk from Uleria's cup at some point. Any ideas about the story behind this? I'm toying around with making that myth the basis for the CA initionation rite or something like that.

Andrew E. Larsen

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #567