Red Emperor

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:07:44 EDT

Alex in response to me
> You [Martin] make it sound as if there's an invisible silver sign over
> his head at all times saying 'this is the real emperor'

>This is the distinct impression I got when discussing
>Moonson-identity-related issues with Martin half a year ago: "Nobody will
>ever be confused, as there's only ever one real Red Emperor."

Not what I meant, nor what I believe. I don't remember saying that exaclty, but since you put it in quotations, I guess I must have.

There is only one Red Emperor. Yes
Does that mean there can never, ever be confusion. No One does not need physcial doubles as proxies to do that, one doesn't even need proxies. Some elect Emperors even when they know fine well that they aren't the Red Emperor - Vinyardavu being a prime example.

>I am glad to
>see he has moved on since then, and am sorry I wasn't previously aware of
>his conversion to More Sensible Beliefs (in at least one area of debate).

I've moved on, naturally, who wouldn't during a development process as involved as this, but not in the direction you presume. If anything I've become more solid on the "One Red Emperor" concept and how it works than I was before. For a while I was in semi-agreement with you about the Emperor Mask being a human who is inhabited by the Emperors spirit. Greg dissuaded me and I prefer the concept of the Emperor being singular.

Martin Laurie