Tarshite questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 13:50:03 +1200

Malcolm Serabian:

>Looking at the old Dragon's Past article in DW it lists the population of
>Tarsh as 20% Orlanthi, and 80% Lunar. Based on the latest information does
>this still seem to be true?

Lunar should be interpreted as Lunarized Orlanthi. The chief difference is they worship the Seven Mothers instead of Orlanth.

>Which of the Lunar deities are primarily worshipped in Tarsh? I'd guess it's
>likely the 7 Mothers, either as a collective, or individually along with
>Etyries. I'd think the Dara Happan dieties aren't worshipped here.

Mostly correct. Some deities are being grafted such as Gorgorma and Bisos to replace Maran Gor and Urox respectively but they have yet to take root IMO.

>Which Orlanthi/Heortling deities are worshipped in Tarsh? Based on the
>information in KoS it seems to me that the Tarshites are far more earth
>centered than their Sartarite counterparts.

Ernalda is the most popular, partly because of a tie-in with Lunar mythology. Other gods include the usual suspects: Barntar, Heler, Eurmal, Lhankor Mhy, Issaries etc. Elmali have been converted to Yelmalions, the first and most successful example of Lunar religious engineering.

>What about the Tarsh Exiles? Do all of them worship Maran Gor in some form,
>or is this group of rebels simply lead by the Maran Gor worshippers? Or are
>they really two separate groups that work together at times, with the
>majority of them being normal Orlanthi?

The Exiles' religion is dominated by the worship of Maran Gor and some are so zealous that they reject the plow and herd.

>How is the Feathered Horse Queen associated with the Maran Gor temple? Or is
>there a second Feathered Queen? Are there two temples there one to MG and
>one to KF? Is there a fort there as well?

The FHQ is not associated with Maran Gor. She does have some relationship to the Kerofini temple but there is another Feathered Queen there (as well as a Maran Gor Queen). Evidence for the two queens may be seen in that both Tarkalor and Moirades claim to be KoDP at the same time by having married the Queens.