Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #566

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:17:06 +0000

I guess to paraphrase Peter is to invite his ire. To misunderstand Peter appears to be easy - at least I am far from the only person around here who gets into such arguments.

I aoplogize for the "most hated" error which came up in an offline discussion of mine during the Immanent Mastery thread. When writing from work I don't have the chance to reread Peter's statements.

I do take offense at Peter's offhand desultory comments on my thought processes, but the digest isn't the place for discussing that.

> As opposed to threatening to quit one's post as dragon pass expert

This was a fit of exasperation after Peter would not even consider following my line of argument. If Peter got the impression that I wanted to lever my campaign into the book or quit, well, that is his version. I wanted to get Peter to _consider_ other, published opinions, e.g. mine, and when that failed I got fed up.

I decided that I would keep Glorantha as my hobby even though Peter ruins much of my fun discussing my ideas. Nowadays, when I put forward my opinions on things Peter has mentioned his ideas, I put in a disclaimer "here Peter has a different opinion". This is to avoid quotation contests with Peter. Guess that failed.