Keiths Emperor post

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:02:40 EDT

<< I'm with MOB; I'll read the information on this topic in SGU as if its  just the official political spin on how events transpire rather than an  actual description of what's going on. Even if I'm not intended to ;-)   >>

Keith:
>I'd like to add a hear! hear! to that sentiment. While I appreciate that
>"Only One Red Emperor" is a good and sensible thing to have I like to think
>that that there is an additional clause that only the advanced chronomancers
>and mystics within the Empire understand and that is: "with the benefit of
>Hind Sight". Of course, looking back, we see now that there has only ever
>been one red Emperor and the others are not real.

That is fine and perfectly in tune with my thinking on it.

>On the more issue of succession do not think it should be necessary for any
>of the 'candidates' to be certain (or fo all to be equally certain) of their
>legitimacy. If, as we all believe, the Emperor is made up of assorted parts
>of the Egi

He isn't made up of parts of the Egi, rather they gave to his genesis but now have the duty of rebuilding him upon death. They known him and are linked with him which gives them a huge edge in heroquesting to reunify him.

>then there is no reason to doubt that those parts, which are the
>One Emperor, could not be added to any one particular human shell.

How the Emperors physical shell appears is something I'll pester Greg about this week.

I am in favour of it being a pharoah like possession of a body, with that persons soul moving on, while the Emperor remains singular. If this is the way it turns out, then this should appease everyone methinks and reconcile the two views.

>The
>Council of the Egi seems to me to be/represent the different parts of the
>emperor anywat; he is an Emperor designed by commitee.

Not really. He is an individual. The goddess created him but _used_ the powers of others as part of the process. This isn't the same think as the Emperor being created by the Egi.

>I do not see any
>reason for the Egi themselves to have different notions as to who/what makes
>the best Emperor,

They don't

>and for MGF I don't see any reason for them not to disagree
>with each other,

They do disagree with each other.

>especially since a lot of the original Egi were killed by
>Sheng.

Which changed things for sure. I want to clarify how it changed things,

Martin Laurie