Life of Moonson: Acutus Imperator?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:23:37 +0100

Martin writes:

> Due to the way the character is written it never occured to the writers
> that Acutus might end up as Emperor. He is written as one of the
> supporting cast, not the lead. He didn't get a mandate from the moon
> or other indications that this was not so.

Here is a BIG SECRET from "Life of Moonson":

Any character who came to the referees at the appropriate juncture (i.e. after Argenteus' death) and asked if they could please have a Mandate of the Moon, would receive one.

No character ever knows this, unless they try it. Certain characters are pre-loaded with hidden Mandates of the Moon (revealed when Moonson dies); just two characters (Yolanela pp. one of her sons, and Haroun al-Rastari, Sultan of Kostaddi) possess them at the start of the game.

No player ever tried this. But the referees all agreed that this was how it would be handled, if it had happened.

Zat help? If a zany Dara Happan Nationalist faction had created itself (Mothers Guard, Imperial Senate, Lunar Academy, Cult of Danfive Xaron...), they could have had any character you care to name as their candidate. Worse things happened in play -- the UK run's "Dark Empire" faction still give me nightmares.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick