Royale with Cheese

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:14:38 +1000

G'day all,

Royale with Cheese

Martin:

>I am in favour of it being a pharoah like possession of a body, with that
>persons soul moving on, while the Emperor remains singular. If this is the
>way it turns out, then this should appease everyone methinks and reconcile
>the two views.

This would be fine, except that Glorantha already has a Pharoah that does this, so simply repeating this for the Lunar Empire is a Big Yawn.

>The Red Emperor is singular, yes, one being. However his _rule_ is a
gestalt
>of soul parts and powers from many differing aspects of rule. Each of those
>parts allows him to claim rule of part of the Empire.

The Pharoah even claims rulership of the six disparate parts of his empire (the Holy Country) in this fashion (ie. as Corn King in Esrolia, The Man Who Broke the Bank in God Forgot, etc.)

As I said before, we already have way-cool, MGFly resonant GAG covering the Red Emperor, his succession and his court. Glorantha is supposed to be a weird, wonderful magically diverse place. Why knock out a carbon copy of another region's politico-magical structure when there's already an entertaining, *popular* model in place? Unless Belintar is going to be next victim of a "rethink"?

Keith N:
>(is it just me or do others always associate Egi with Scambled Egi on Toast,
>Boiled Egi with Hoplite, Egi Bread, and Fried Egi, Egi on Face, Chicken
>before the Egi.....

Martin:
>>Or quarter Egis with cheese?

In the case of His Imperial Highness, surely it would have to be a "Royale with Cheese"?

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html