Re: Emperor

From: Andreas Mueller <mueller_at_faw.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:35:28 +0200

Martin:
> I am in favour of it being a pharoah like possession of a body, with that
> persons soul moving on, while the Emperor remains singular. If this is the
> way it turns out, then this should appease everyone methinks and reconcile
> the two views.

Just one thought (Without understanding everything that is going on ;-): I think, this way makes it extremly uninteresting for anybody to become the new Emperor, because he can't do all the great things he planned but becomes replaced by another spirit/soul. On the other hand, this would be very inline with the comments, that all the ?incarnations? provide great continuity in politics. This continuity is probably the k.o.-criterium when considering ursurpers trying to replace/become the real emperor. If this would be possible, there should have been distinctive changes in politics in lunar history coming with the rise of a new incarnation. Any other way, the ursupation would be pointless. These could have been explained (concerning the declared continuity and oneness) as "The emperor having understood that new situations demand new answers". This explanation would emphasize the lunar flexibility.
I don't have the knowledge, whether these distinctive changes have happened, but this would be a strong point for either side.

Cheers,

Andreas