Diseases and baths

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:57:22 +1200

Terra Incognita:

>In RW, many historical changes (with Many Death) occured with Diseases:
>FREX, BLACK DEATH PESTILENCE (Asia to Europe) made Centralization of Power
>from Feudalism (I dare to misinterpretation of word "Feud" as small-scale
>conflict again.) Syphilis (New World to Old World) was exchanged of
>Smallpox (Old World to New World) and Smallpox exterminated "New World"
>populace more than intentional homicide of Conquistadors.

>I cannot find Gloranthan pararrels about this theme:

Praxian nomads cannot penetrate far into Teshnos and Horses cannot survive on the Pamaltelan Veldt for similar reasons. The forest of disease in Laskal would have some affect on human populations but it's too early to tell what it might be.

>Feudal Europeans are Dirty because they don't know Bath.

They did. They even had bathhouses (but not often as we do). What some Europeans did was to give up baths for religious reasons.