re: Testing the Candidates

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:17:36 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham:
> My summary: it's the same emperor, but until he passes the tests,
> nobody can tell.

> And even if the "wrong" person passes the tests, when he becomes
> Moonson, he *becomes* Moonson, so it doesn't really matter. He's not
> the same person he was before. (Of course, Moonson might not act
> quite the same either, since one aspect his divinity might be easier
> for the new emperor to express.)

Impatient as I sometimes am with David's Nice Simple Summaries, I think he puts his finger right on the nub of it here, so I'll basically flout Rule #1 long enough to agree with him. I can't see we can't have enough Divine Imperial Continuity to keep Martin and Greg happy, _and_ enough political ructions to sate Nick and MOB. I say this not simply in the spirit of George Mitchell, but as someone who wants _both_, purely for selfish reasons. (To wit, Most Funky Game-World Situation.)

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #588