Credo

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:32:56 EDT

>Then earlier today I was thinking "All this Red Emperor debate is just
>like a Giant game of "CREDO" . . . .

MOB:
>Thought the same myself.

Yeah it is a bit isn't it?

>The unwashed masses of the Empire are obviously devoutly Orthodox,
>believing in the absolute eternal divinity of Moonson, possessing one will,
>one nature and one substance.

Agreed.

The masses of Rufelza worshippers see the Red Emperor as the ultimate figure for their church. The living son of the Moon. He is blessed, unlike other nobles because he is pure of spirit and in his lunar heritage. No base humanity touches him, unlike the other nobles, who tyrannise and subjugate the masses even though the Goddess taught them "we are all us". The RE is their messiah, he is their Muad'Dib and they happily riot, persecute and distrub in his name and at his command.

>Lunar initiates, on the other hand, are devout Monophysites, believing
>Moonson has only one nature (partly divine, partly, and subordinately human).

I disagree with this, if only at this stage, because I'm unclear as to what a Lunar initiate is, at least in your estimation..

>Those a bit closer to Moonson are better described as Monothelite (who hold
>that while possessing two natures, Moonson has only one will).

What are his two natures?

>Whereas those who deal with him on a day-to-day basis are probably
>confirmed Nestorians, holding that Moonson embodies distinct divine and
>human persons.

Is this because he is two distinct personalities or because some of them find it difficult to rationalise his behaviour otherwise? Would a god behave like this? Nah! "He must be being influenced by his human side today or his spirit is elsewhere fighting for the Empire on the god plane."

Further, would a demigod have as much trouble with a simple bowel movement? I think to some of his aides, this is conclusive proof of his duality. However, I find it MGF to show that he is actually singular and behaves oddly due to his nature. He is alien to humanity, like other demigods such as Lord Death on a Horse.

>(The Arrolians, on the other hand, are probably more like Arians, denying
>that Moonson is co-eternal and of one substance with his Mother, and exists
>as an Instrument for the [to their mind, unnecessary] temporal subjugation
>of the world. Actually, the others probably don't disagree with this, they
>just don't have a problem with it).

Like it.

>Rabid Monophysite fundamentalists have recently come to the fore, claiming
>that the other doctrines are not so much anathema as non-existent.

That kind of thing does happen. The Rufelzans are rabid fundamentalists at times, especially when they haven't received their weekly food donation from the nobility as required by the Goddess

Martin Laurie.