Sef Effikan

From: D. Pearton <pearton_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:05:40 -0700 (PDT)

> > * This means we can all give the Dara Happans Southern redneck accents.
> > "Y'all from outta the valleh, boy? We don't cotton to Orlanthay 'round
> > these here parts." Clearly, the Dara Happan character in the Glorantha
> > Movie should be Boss Hogg of Hazard County! Truly, a horrifying image
> > worthy of the Lunars. ;) MOB, you sure it was Belisarius that was part
> > inspiriation for Count Julian, and not Bo & Luke Duke?
>

> I've always played them as South African, "Get oot of da country yoo
> stinkin' Sartrites, we was 'ere first !!"
> ;-)

Jisliek, yous needs to work on that Sef Effriken Accent, ek se^.

Admittedly I don't quite get this one. I always saw the colonialist African parallels in the Six-legged empire and other God-learner incursions into Pameltela. There is also the obvious moorish Africa influence in Fronrit. As usual these are just influences and are wrong in all the particulars (futile attempt to try and forestall any more off-topic political debate).

> Dave.

Yet another,
(South African) Dave
Who is still smarting from being type-cast as the narrow-minded, racist, xenophobe Mars Mellor in MOB's SFcon game... ;). - --
Dave Pearton
pearton_at_u.washington.edu

      "Its habit of getting up late you'll agree
         That it carries too far, when I say
       That it frequently breakfasts at five-o'clock tea,
         And dines on the following day.

The Hunting of the Snark, Lewis Carroll

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #595