Moonson Bits

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 00:36:40 +0100

Excuse my recent silences: I was Up North for the (long) weekend, celebrating a wedding and introducing young Wilfie to some of his distant relatives.

Returning, and sticking to the more recent stuff, I find David Cake's post in V7#598 (his divine Redness) and Peter Metcalfe's post in V7#601 (Red Emperor in Parts) are elegantly argued and true to the greggliest sources, and I cannot see anything in them that would cause problems for anyone sensible.

RE Singularity: Moonson's Great Self has *always* been the same, in every mask and incarnation.

DH Continuity: Moonson's Fire is the very same aspect of Antirius that all the recent and well-thought-of Dara Happan Emperors possessed.

MGF Confusionist: Takenegi's Body was always the same (Wanes 1-4), until Sheng. Since then, other Bodies have been used: the Masks.

> What the remaining four shapes (Warmth, Beast, Shadow
> and Bird) are like should be a matter of some mystery.

I'll quickly suggest that an insane Mask could be alleged to have had a Bat rather than a Bird. Hence "bats in the belfry," etc.

I note, in passing, David Dunham's reported conversation with Greg (V7#598):

> Although [Greg] stoutly defended the "one entity" concept...

Against what, precisely?

Finally, I completely sympathise with Alex Ferguson in V7#597 (Re: Emperor).

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick