Re: Blank Lands

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 23:54:55 +0100 (BST)

Nikk Effingham:
> Lalia. My campaign is run in Otkorion, and Lalia is just on the doorstep. I
> began running it as a land populated sparsely by the odd human tribe of
> slightly less-than civilised humans, ruled by the lead fist of a troll who
> had made an autonomous empire within Lalia apart from Guhan.
[exotic-sounding description]

> I understand
> Lalia is now a civilised human state much like the Safelster, or some
> variant thereof.

I'm impressed: you have knowledge of two different Lalias, while the rest of us, Ralios Expert included, know of a couple fewer. ;-) (Though I rather know how David may well feel...) I say, make hay while the sun shines, and make a bid for the 'generally accepted Lalia'! Your version sounds pretty funky to me; if it's necessary to in any way 'tone it down' at all, you have a ready-made excuse if it's the 'near abroad' of your campaign: some 'misinformation' or 'atypicality' can fairly easily be rationalised.

I doubt it's exactly on a peak of the iso-Greg relief-map, though. As someone else commented, most of Glorantha is 'blank' for practical purposes.

Cheers,
Alex.