Nicks post 2

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 00:05:06 EDT

Me:
> I plainly did not make my thinking well know... Given that we were
> arguing from a purely practical succesion POV in part, I was not
> talking mythicphysics. If that confused anyone, I apologise.

>I think you've confused yourself, in fact.

Hey, possibly

>You're now trying to tell us that your messages "Emperor" in V7#594 and
>"Peters post" in V7#599 are argued "from a purely practical succession POV",
>albeit in those posts you refer to your peculiar theory that demigods have
>more or less "parts" than either humans or gods, and specifically ask about
>the number of "soul parts" the Red Emperor possesses:

Past me:
>: If he is a demigod, then he is singular and does not act like a human
>: and does not have the same soul as a human. His soul is different.

When talking about the soul of a demigod, a contend that this it true. Is his soul human? I don't think so. When I say he is singular, he is alone in he species if you like. There are no other Takenegis

Past me again:
>: Not denying [demigods] have parts, I was denying the number of parts as
>: necessarily being 7. I think he has more than that and one of them is
>: his singular takenegi part that was created at Castle Blue.

Yep, Still agree with that. One part is his self. The other parts of his Emperorship he picks up through politicsl, religion and role Orignally he was Talenegi:and nothing else.

Past me some more:
>Actually thinking over your point here, he has 6 Yelmic parts and 7 DH
>: parts. They are different parts. Antirius is not in the Lunar parts
>: and Gerra is not in the DH parts, so how many soul parts does he have IYO?

Right. Clearly you've found a post that proves what I was saying. Thanks. Clearly you can see from this that I was referring to the fact that the parts are different to the different people he shows them to to gain their following. Or, maybe it wasn't clear at all and that is why I made my apology to David?

>What on earth has this to do with the purely material and practical aspects
>of imperial succession?

If you read them from the POV I was thinking them, rather a lot. But, as I've said

  1. Email is so hard to converse in on the fly. Freeforming the debate as I go will lead to me misstepping and making mistakes. I don't have the time to be labouriously checking over my posts to make sure I'm current and in tuen with previous comments. As for digging up past digests, I don't know where you get the time or the will. I think I need a Gloranthan secretary.
  2. This is a learning debate for me. I am going through ideas and trying to reconcile them. You guys are my bouncing board and have helped a lot. Though I've also been bounced a lot! :)
  3. If I was thinking "parts" in a political sense, and I didn't make that clear, my posts would be confusing for folk. For that, I gladly apologise and will do so again - I apologise.

>It looks like you were *trying* to talk Pelorian "mythicphysics" and cocking
>it up badly, not that we were collectively bamboozled by your masterful
>deployment of imperial practicalities.

Well whatever. I am consistently bamboozled by your ability to get annoyed personally about a debate that is impersonal, but hey, none of us are perfect.

> If the flu's confusing you that badly, I recommend getting some rest.

Thanks. I have had a lot of sleep and been very unwell. I had to work last night for 16 hours and I've had to spend most of today recovering. I'm still not feeling right. Don't think of my low level of posts as a sign that I'm no longer interested in debate, your last post a digest back was a good one which I'll get to. I have other commitments for now.

Martin Laurie