Re: Two Stoopid RE Questions

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 03:06:13 EDT

James Frusetta:

<< Something I'm not sure I completely understand about the RE in the ongoing
debate: exactly how voluntary is the process of the Red Emperor incarnating in a mortal body (accepting the RMM position, here)? Is he "choosing," or is the choice made "for" him? >>

    An element of both, IMO. He must possess the 'Mandate of the Moon', which doesn't just pass to any old pleb, but at the same time he has to want to go to the bother of subsuming himself within Moonson's divine personality.

<< If I'm a Devious Lunar Noble, I'm reading this to mean (RMM model) that
it's possible for me to find some diseased, jaded, weedy gadabout; finagle a mandate for him;>>

     Its the finagling that would prove the problem, I suspect.

<< Or do the other "parts" of the Moonson have enough self-awareness to
refuse to use such a worthless body/possessee? Do mandates indicate, in part, some sort of willingness to enter a body? >>

    I think they'd include some degree of suitability, or there wouldn't be much point in them.

<< I may be misunderstanding different positions, but I get the impression
the "making a weak emperor" is possible under the RMM School, but not in a "Singular" model. Since I recall there being at least dissipate mask, what's the how is this done in the SIngular? >>

     He did it deliberately as part of the Goddess' inscrutable plan for the Empire. This would, in any case, be how Lunars would describe it after the event, even if it weren't how it happened.

<< And the other question: can the RE use a *non*-human to comprise his
mortal body? >>

    No, I don't think the Mandate of the Moon could pass to a non-human. So, sorry, no Emperor Stygius for you, Jamuz ;-)

Tadaaki:

<< If I understand what Martin says correctly, if Count Julan happen to
become Red Emperor, he is now Takenegi, not Julan, and his past life / personality / etc. does not affect nature of Red Emperor, as Teelo Norri/ Red Goddess. Is it correct?>>

     That's how the Pharaoh works, and I think I can safely say that we all rejected that one for the RE. We differ on whether:

  1. if Count Julan happens to become the RE, he is now Moonson, not Julan, but his past life/personality/etc. *does* affect the nature of the Mask in some way (Nick et al..

or

b) Count Julan cannot become the RE in any way, shape or form (Martin).

 Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky