Re: Red Emperor

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 09:06:13 +0200

Me:

> > What about extending this a bit so that various institutions
> > can determine a varying number of soul parts, but that none
> > of them can determine _all_ of them? That would make it a
> > lot harder to disprove an impostor, as you would have to
> > make a number of institutions cooperate.

Alex:

> This is Only Any Fun if the different Parts actually start off in
> _different places_, and have to be Reabsorbed somehow...

I thought that was the case: the Egi collect the soul parts from various places. Also, I thought it was the case that there could be a valid emperor who isn't _the_ Red Emperor. I.e. a Dara Happan faction could presumably put up an emperor who has the Antirius soul, but not the Takenegi Great Self.

> a test for all of them. Sounds potentially amusing, I admit, but may
> be pushing the Canon Envelope.

That I can't challenge.

> > RE's singluarity: couldn't this mean simply that the Takenegi
> > Great Self part remembers its previous lives over incarnations?
>
> I think the RE certainly _does_ remember previous 'lives', but I
> hesitate to ascribe this to the Great Self, which is to do with
> altogether loftier matters. (Crude analysis: most people have
> no/an unawakened Seventh Part, but nevertheless manage to remember
> things...)

In their current lifetime. Nowhere is there anything said that reincarnated souls remember their past lives. As very few individuals with a seventh part (or the equivalent in another culture's terminology) do reincarnate, I thought it rather plausible to attribute the memories to the seventh part. The more so as that is the "eternal, unchanging" part to bring in eastern mystic thinking.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com