Red Emperor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 21:51:14 +1200

Richard Crawley:

>"Can a prominent noble of the Lunar Empire hope to become (or
>become part of) the Emperor and retain enough of his previous identity
>to have an influence on the Empire's future?"

He may believe so. Whether he actually has influence once the Emperor is created is something that I don't think anyone other than the Emperor can answer convincingly. As for the Emperor, I can easily conceive that he might say at different times: yes, no, don't know, don't care, both...

>There is no power to be won in oblivion so there will be no pretenders
>to Red-Emperorhood if the answer is no.

Becoming part of the Emperor is not exactly pretence. A pretender would be claiming to be the Red Emperor when you don't have a TakenEgi self which is something that I understand to occur after 1628.