Moonson

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 02:10:57 +0800

>David Cake:
>> Martin seems hopelessly confused, or maybe just hopelessly
>> confusing, between the Red Emperor (the political status of Lunar ruler of
>> the Empire) and the Red Emperor (the personage who occupies this role)
>
>To defend Martin at least subliminally, it seems harsh to accuse of
>'confusing' two things which are, in fact, the same. Only one
>'personage' has occuppied the position, so if it's possible for another
>person to do so, it's at best unproven.

        Not exactly - Martin seems to me to be confusing that creates the one with the process that creates the other. Moonson is not Red Emperor until he takes the Ten Tests, becomes Padishah, etc. But the process by which Moonson is reformed is quite different to the one by which Moonson shows that he is truly the Red Emperor.

        It is possible that Moonson might return and fail to become Red Emperor. Its never happened, and I don't think it will (it seems he fails to return instead), but its important to understand this possibility to understand the process.

	Cheers
		David