Martin plays hs trump card

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 21:40:58 +1000

G'day all,

Martin plays hs trump card

Martin:

>But there is a reason why this is the
>way we're going:
>
>Greg is gearing the new product towards the uber arch of the story which is
>truly heroic and massively epic.

Good for him!

>He wants the Emperor to be less "uncertain" because if he were to
>be replacable in the manner that Nick plumbs for, the collapse crisis would
>be _less_ of a major HW thread/threat.

Why? I don't see that this has to be the case. As I understand it, the "TakenEgi Great Self" is the crucial soul part which defines Moonson. If you ain't got it, you ain't Moonson. And if it (for some as-yet unexplained Greggly reason) goes AWOL, you can't get Moonson back. (But, what happens when a candidate gathers 6 out of 7 parts. Or, hmmmm, adds a new 7th part of his own?)

>I guess one could say that the cause and effect chain is starting with a
>desired effect and working backwards. The desired effect being maximum
>imperial breakdown.

Erasing the already widely-understood, resonant and entertaining GA version as you go. An *intensely irritating* approach, particularly when the existing model could easily be made to fit the desired effect of "maximum imperial breakdown". *And* (hells bells!) when you also seem to believe the replacement version isn't as interesting:

Martin to Keith:
>You say it looks unexciting.

Well, not just Keith, just about bloody everyone.

>Perhaps.

Even you???

>This is what Greg wants. This is what I will write for him at the relevant
>time...
>
>...I can see Gregs requirement. From his perspective it is valid and I can
>write it for him if he wishes.

Ah, the Nuremburg Defense.

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html