Emperors and debates...

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 21:46:40 +0100

When Peter Metcalfe replied to MOB a few days ago

MOB:
>Hey Peter, I'm with you: I think I've still got a spare "Bugger
>Underling" card left over from my reign as Mathiman the Usurper
>in BC if you think it will help...

PM
>I find the Flame of Truth to be more...seemly.

Was he referring to an old post of Nicks?

>Fod-Ariam's was first played by Peter Metcalfe, which explains one of
>his power cards (not on my website):
>: Flames of Wisdom
>: A by-product of the Torch of Knowledge: you can launch scathing
>:criticisms of anyone, for any reason, even if utterly unprovoked and
>:uncalled-for.
>:Anyone "flamed" by you will retire, hurt, from the bruising encounter,
>:and will be unable to interact with you for fifteen minutes
>:thereafter.

And if so, doesn't he realise that Martin will ignore it as he didn'r enjoy LoM....

While I'm here, I'll just add that I also think it is good that Martin is having this debate to help him get everything clear in his mind before he gets it in print, and I also share the general dismay that he seemed to accept Nick's summation of his PoV so meekly (Blimey, ML accept something meekly, The 'flu must have been worse than we thought!) - --

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |