Reincarnating memories

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 21:31:13 +0200

Me:

> > As very few
> > individuals with a seventh part (or the equivalent in another
> > culture's terminology) do reincarnate, I thought it rather
> > plausible to attribute the memories to the seventh part.
> > The more so as that is the "eternal, unchanging" part to
> > bring in eastern mystic thinking.
>
> But memories aren't eternal, they're very much temporal, and
> individuated. They seem much more of a 'small self' thing:
> my memories are in large part what makes me, _me_, as opposed
> to what makes We Us.

Correct, so memories is probably a bad expression here. I'm not thinking of memories of what you had for breakfast and which was your first girlfriends favourite colour. Rather the memory of "your position in the universe".

> Would simple awakening the 7th portion in itself, if you shared
> no other portion, and had done nothing to re-identify with your
> 'old' ones, cause you to regain memories?

Only if the 7th portion was awakaned in your past life as well.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com