Red Emperor impostors

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 21:31:04 +0200

Me:

> > What about extending this a bit so that various institutions
> > can determine a varying number of soul parts, but that none
> > of them can determine _all_ of them? That would make it a
> > lot harder to disprove an impostor, as you would have to
> > make a number of institutions cooperate.

Nick:

> I don't think the claimants necessarily begin with *any* of the Red
> Emperor's soul parts.

Agreed.

> I think the only thing they can be tested for is
> suitability to be the next Mask's body. I think more than one person can
> pass this test, thus the Empire isn't obliged to accept the first suitable
> claimant who comes along.
>
> Our version doesn't really have "imposters" -- until the new Mask emerges,
> nobody is Moonson (yet). Takenegi's Self (etc.) aren't yet embodied and
> can't contribute to proceedings, be detected in any claimants, etc. But this

Well, it was just a thought. If you want uncertainty in an interregnum, the possibility of reasonable impostors would create more of it than just a bunch of competing "vessels".

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com