Sendereven and mysticism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 20:26:01 +1200

David Dunham:

> > The missing lands description "Where they sail are hundred
> > mile per hour black winds that strive to push their boat
> > underwater. They just laugh" doesn't seem to indicate
> > a mystical frame of mind.

>Sounds like a form of refutation to me.

Mysticism is more than just refutation and not all forms of refutation (i.e. logical ones) are mystical. Furthermore their laughter did not prevent their ancestor from sinking their isle home.

> > Given the additional detail that they sail through the other
> > realms (which I've heard of no other mystic doing), indicates
> > to me that they have another PoV.

>Perhaps they can refute the difference between realms?

Integration (i.e. unification with the world) might be a better mystical method to describe what you are thinking of. I'm still dubious about this also.