Re: Excitement

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:53:26 EDT

Martin, replying to Dave C:

<< >> Its also easy to see where Martin comes from - he wants to

>> minimise the complexity of the magical succession, so he can
>> get without ado to what he wants from a succession crisis -
>> generals in the mundane world who can send big armies against
>> each other. I personally am happy to have a model that will
>> accommodate both, but a little disappointed that Martin wants a
>> model that cuts out my kind of fun...

 ??? Where on earth do you get that idea? You are plainly supposing that I view the military sphere as distinct from the magical one. >>

     That's not how I read it. The claim is that you are interested in the military sphere (which, as you say, includes magic) rather than the non-military (and equally magical) complexities, and that you're scrapping the latter to speed up the arrival of the former. Whether the claim is justified I wouldn't know, but it doesn't seem an unreasonable interpretation of your earlier comments.

Nick, replying to Michael Cule:

<<> I really don't want Glorantha to develop in the same way as the World > Of Darkness with an 'official' history constantly being revised in > irritating ways.

I am *horribly* afraid that it is too late for this, and that Greg's plans will only exacerbate the discomfort we already feel. But time will tell... >>

     I'd agree that this is a potential worry, but I hold out hope that Issaries will do a better job than some other RPG companies have. I'm not at all sure how to do this, as I said in my earlier post; I don't claim to have the answers here. But I'm inclined to think it *can* be done, and that its a better route than, e.g., the Harnic one, where the world stays fixed forever at the same date. Time will tell, indeed...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky