Court Es Interuptus

From: Hughes, John (NAT) <"Hughes,>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:48:24 +1000

Da Mobster, now rumoured to be a mere human, answers the leavened David:

>>One question about the Empire, though, is who rules when there is
>>an Interregnum.

>Like David, I suspect that "constitutionally" it is the Senate, though I
>wonder what happens in practice*. Because circumstances were different
>each time, who actually held onto the reigns during the various
>interregnums might have been different too.

Not high priestesses of the Goddess, who are in constant harmony with Her Divine Will? A source of suitably delphic 'holding-pattern' proclamations while the Searchers spread far and wide? A model of the Goddess as a political Dowager Empress.

John