Lunar Wars

From: Julian Lord <julianlord_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:16:54 +0200 (CEST)

Not being a lunar 'expert' of _any_ description, perhaps I should shut up and stay on my own playground ; but here goes nothing ...

*

Glorantha simply shouldn't be set in stone, except for the immediate gaming needs of Issaries' paying customers. That much is obvious.

From the POV of the Gloranthan 'Community', though, I actually think that Greg's constant revisions and retcons are quite lively, interesting, and exciting.

From the theoretic POV alone, Glorantha is a dialectic world, where Greg's ideas, RMM ideas, Martin's ideas, Peter's soon-to-be-published ideas, yours and mine exist not as some kind of huge mass of trivia (although that also exists in Glorantha) but more powerfully, as a series of conflicting reports that should ALL be taken at face value.

Everything is True. Consequently, no material (fan or other) can be retconned at all.

Basically, IMG the RMM input is as true as the details I'll soon discover in HW, and if this creates a contradiction, well the more the better.

I personally am NOT interested in a static vision of Glorantha. It doesn't seem that Greg or the HW team in general are either.

BRAVO to the RMM crowd for saving the patient when Glorantha was in a coma !!
But a bigger BRAVO to Glorantha, now that she's up and running again, and doing what she wants.

Cheers,

Julian Lord

Do You Yahoo!?
Achetez, vendez! À votre prix! Sur http://encheres.yahoo.fr