I Generally Accept LoM

From: Jose Ramos <jose_at_kobo.es>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 15:16:43 +0200

    I know this is not a voting matter, but I have to agree with the RMM people on the generally accepted status of their vision of the RE.

    I have not played LoM, and I only read the character sheets when they were posted to the Lunar Discussion Group, more than a year ago. However nothing of that came as news to me, as it meshed perfectly with the published RMM material, and with a lot of fan fiction on the web. Let's not forget that while fanzines now have limited printing runs, web pages may score thousands of visits. Indeed, the internet is the favorite info source (not the Digest mind you, which is too abstruse and fast changing to be of use) for Spanish gloranthaphiles (which is runequesters too, in this country).

    Many players I have met know about Jaxarte, but they have never heard about Sargash. Onslaught is widely known, but little appreciated.

    I recovered my interest on Glorantha through the internet, I played by e-mail, and systematically surf the web for Gloranthan content. And LoM influenced many people who write on their webpages, besides the authors' efforts.

    Despite all the disagreements I have had with Peter Metcalfe in the past, his co-authorship with Greg of the Glorantha book guarantees to me that the book will be reverse compatible with published material (good for RQ players, IMO). Both the former Lunar Discussion Group and the Red Emperor debate give me the impression that is not the case with Martin. I know that is what Greg wants, but it's been a long time since I liked one of Greg "changes".

    Last year the Genertela book was to be ignored when necessary. It seems that happens now also to FS...

    We will have to wait and see...

Jose