Re: Storylines

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:51:39 EDT

Bryan Maloney:

<< HeroWars is not Glorantha, it is merely Greg Stafford's Glorantha. I figure I can take him at least eight falls out of ten (especially if I soften him up with shopping-cart armed ninjas), so there's no way he'll be able to force me to use more than I feel like using in my own game. >>

      I don't think anyone's suggesting that people will be forced to use the storyline (by Issaries commandos bursting into your home to enforce Strict Greggliness perhaps?). A more reasonably concern is that, if done badly, it could make some of the later supplements far less useful than they should be, because they'll presume that certain things have happened in your campaign which actually haven't. I see no particular reason to assume it *will* be done badly, but IMO its not an unreasonable thing to be apprehensive about in advance of hard evidence one way or the other.

Trotsky