Lunar Good Guys?

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 17:49:12 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/00 9:52:41AM, you write:

<< I like the Lunars. I think that they are, fundamentally, the good guys.>>

Oh no! you have been riddled! The Lunars are out to destroy the world, they are another example of an Evil Empire and the use Chaos!

<< Correct me if I'm wrong, but the RMM material seems to assume that the
 Lunars, while they may be rather sympathetic, are ultimately the villains of  Glorantha.>>

I think the opposite is the case; the Lunar Empire is generally good for Glorantha, but the villians that make up that empire are as bad, or good, as the rest of us.

<<The RMM view on Moonson seems to derive at least partly from
 this -- it assumes that Moonson has relatively normal (and often base)  motivations. In my opinion, it makes him too _human. >>

In the LoM, Moonson isn't really present. The people trying to incarnate him/heroform him/summon him/become him have human/base motivations but once they have achieved their goal then it seems to me the Great Self of the Emperor is back in place and continuity, err , continues.

Keith N