Good Lunars?

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:58:25 -0400

> Speaking for myself, I like the Lunar Way. I think that is is the most
optimistic religion in Glorantha. It offers a genuine hope of rebirth to the
world.

The way I try to run my campaign, the characters are mostly diehard enemies of the Lunars, but the players are becoming increasingly aware that the Lunars are the doomed good guys.

> Remember: the Lunar Empire employs both Teelo Norri
nuns and Danfive Xaron torturers;

The idea that employing torturers makes a state evil is a comparatively recent ethical advance. The Romans used torture routinely: the establishment of a Legion included a 'questioner' and his standard equipment imcluded some very unpleasant devices.

Andrew