re: core fans; RQ to HW

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:05:15 -0700

Graham Robinson asked

> Eric : 1.2 million? Where did this figure come from? The mind boggles.

I've never heard this specific number before, but it must be derived by multiplying the number of copies of RuneQuest sold worldwide by some factor (since not all players have books). Given that some people might have only played once or twice at a convention, and how loosely the contact is defined, it's plausible.

That's certainly not 1.2 million core fans!

Rick Meints gives more fine suggestions on converting RQ characters to Hero Wars. However, I still believe you won't have the same character any more. Be prepared for this. (You may actually have a character who's more fun to play, of course.)

> There are only a few hundred gloranthaphiles in the whole world.

In March 1999, Alex Ferguson said there were over 1500 readers of this Digest. I think you're off by an order of magnitude.