Tribes and trolls

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:12:07 +0800

>I'm looking for a Sartarite tribe that has lots of run-ins with Trolls
>for a closed-to-moderate game. Any recomendations?

        If you mean a tribe that fights trolls a lot, the Kurtali. They have the Night Jumpers, who can fly at night easily and used to enjoy raiding trolls in the past. They have fought the Kitori of the Troll Woods in the past.

        Reference is KOS pg 174

> That's not actually part of Sartar, but it is the domain of the Kitori, a
>tribe with even more pro-troll connections than the Torkani.

        Worse than pro-troll, the Kitori tribe is actually half troll. THat is, the tribe has human and troll clans, NOT that the tribe is made up of halfbreeds. They worship Argan Argar as their ruling god. ANd yes, the Troll Woods is just outside Sartar - near enough that Sartarite tribes raid/are raided by the inhabitants.

        I wrote a big article on the Kitori once, for Drastic Darkness, but Greg spiked it. I don't think he objected to anything specific, he just wanted them left along while he pondered them, I think. But if you want some of my ideas about them, just ask.

	Cheers
		David