The future of Glorantha...

From: Alain RAMEAU <Alain.RAMEAU_at_total.com>
Date: 12 May 2000 10:24:10 +0200

To participate in the on-goind debat on how the fans of Glorantha have participated and
will participate in the future of Glorantha, I'd like to remind an extract (two last paragraphs, but the rest is also interesting) of the Designer's Notes in the Book 1 (Glorantha Book) of "Genertela, Crucible of the Hero Wars" :

What is the future of Glorantha ? We have reached the end of the Third Age. Its inhabitants and regions will soon all be detailed. My life has changed again [...] Where is the time to construct any more ? The Hero Wars loom, an era which has been wound up and, without any "off" buttons, switched on full speed. My initial intention was to create a fantasy world which delighted others and wherein they could participate. I have succeeded. Now Glorantha is yours, not mine. Greg Stafford, 1988
Unquote

As you can see, Greg has always relied on the fans to carry-on his work (his masterpiece ?).

Alain
http://www.karamo.btinternet.co.uk/rq.htm