Re: Fandom

From: Andreas Mueller <mueller_at_faw.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 12:24:49 +0200

Graham makes a very good proposal:
> The debate itself needs to be brought to a satisfactory end. Martin has
> said he intended to use the debate to clarify the model that would be
> published. I therefore suggest Martin needs to write up a short note on
> what his current thinking is, so that those who care can address the
> major changes that may need made. It may be wishful thinking, but if
> Martin can produce a summary (after some iterations) that most of us can
> live with, and a set of arguments that support this model, there may be
> some benefit comes from the argument.

What would be the disadvantage of Martin sending his SGU-script to the RM-Crew (or all the RuneLords) as "Request for Comment"? I think they are Initiates or RuneLords (Whatever the term is) anyway, so they are going to get SGU anyway for free. No customer would be lost! Many eyes see more, and although there's a german proverb (roughly) "Many cooks spoil the porridge" the RFCs on the Internet have proven otherwise. If parts of SGU are from other (fan-)authors, this could produce a faster schedule and the RM-Team would have participated and could support the product whole-heartedly. Base is naturally, that nobody gets personal, when his wishes are contradicted by greg's wishes. By this way, the RM-Team at least had the chance to persuade Greg.

Just my thoughts, perhaps this is unreasonable due to time-management.

Cheers,

Andreas