Usability or lack, thereof, matters

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 17:57:17 -0400 (EDT)

> "BJM10" trolled through again:
> > No index, two strikes.
> I suspect this will be on-line quite soon, given that Stephen Martin did

And I won't waste my money until it's included in the book. To do otherwise is to encourage this sort of behavior on the part of the publisher. When they publish a version with an INCLUDED and BOUND index, then I'll give them money. To do anything less is to only encourage them in their remission.

> > Three strikes. YEROUTTAHERE!!!!!!!
> To be nasty: Look, the freaking book has been released after Way Too
> Long. I for one am not going to tear Greg a new cornchute for silly-ass

So what?

> typos that *should* have been caught. Be happy the game seems to be

Like I said--if I give them money, it will only encourage such behavior. I'll wait until a corrected version is printed. Until then, no money from me.

> imagine the long line of people, and the screams of "This is for putting
> in ducks!" "Blank lands THIS!" and "I got your Elmal right here!" He's
> sitting on a gold mine. Get a few Digest luminaries to sit in for an
> hour or so, and the next few expansions are paid for.

To pay for that would only encourage further behavior of the sort. No money until it's done at least without SCREAMINGLY STUPID editorial errors.