Lunar Projects

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 21:40:48 +0100

Keith Sez:

>> Citizens ("The Insula")
>> Revolt in the Redlands & Retreat from the Redlands
>> The Moonbroth Murders
>> The Secret History of Sun County: 1625 ("Ambassador Belvani" climax)

> These sound mouthwatering.

Gee, thanks!

For much more info on "Citizens" (aka "The Insula"), see the Glorontha-Con IV Lunar Exchange transcript at:

        http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Moonie/seminar.htm#insula

But do take the anticipated date of completion with a pinch of salt: Chris has obtained a wife and a son since Glorontha-Con, after all... :-)

BTW, since that Con, we've found a recent Peter Connolley book on ancient cities which includes floor-plans for an insula in Rome with an entrance to a cavern complex (!) on the second storey. Built up against the side of one of the Seven Hills, IIRC. "Truth is stranger than fiction," and all that...

"Revolt in the Redlands" exists, and was played at Glorantha-Con V and Convulsion Goes Fourth. The game is a sequel to "Tarsh War" with some character continuity. It's just that us in Chris's "regular" gaming group haven't yet had the chance to play!

"Retreat from the Redlands" is the third game in that loose trilogy, and will apparently be presented at Convulsion 2000 (C2K) this July in Leicester.

"The Moonbroth Murders" is incomplete but largely written, and would probably be in playtest now, if only my guinea-pig GM hadn't sharked off to Madrid for several months. (If you're reading this, Simon, hurry home!). Now "Hero Wars" is out, I'm seriously considering a conversion from the rules-lite freeform/MGF system it's currently written in to HW (or maybe "HW-lite").

As for "The Secret History of Sun County," ask us at Convulsion! There's all kinds of shenanigans going on around Lord Belvani's formative diplomatic exploits, not to mention his strange attraction to bald-headed women...

On a purely self-congratulatory note, my website's hitometer passed 10,000 today! Thanks to all my loyal readers!! If you were reader #10,000, please let me know by email.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick