Re: Some of Greg's words he told me - a view of the RE debate

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 02:27:05 +0100 (BST)

Chris Bell and Greg were chatting about:
> how the Entokosiad was a Green Age document (I know, God Learner, boo hiss)

No it ain't, quite explicitly. It's a document _about_ the Green Age, in part, certainly not _from_ the Green Age.

> Greg told me that Pharoah was not coming back, at all, for what
> he had planned. Well, I asked him, what about other people's Glorantha's?
>
> "I'm not interested in other people's Gloranthas."

In context, seems a fair enough comment to me, given Greg's penchant for overstatement, at least. When it comes to the bald, mundanely verifiable facts, _of course_ it makes sense only to have one 'officially interesting' position. Writing campaign arcs as 'chose your own adventure' at a macro-level just ain't much of a flyer as regards an 'ueber-arc' (NB spelling, ML...), as far as I can see.

I'd doubt he's actually uncaring or unfeeling of 'variant' games, though. Perhaps more 'disinterested' than 'uninterested'. Though for all I know, Pharoah theories bore him rigid, so this may be an exercise in Gregology too far!

Slán,
Alex.