Sorcerous HQs

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 08:08:06 +0100

Mike Cule writes:

> Reading through HW I find lots of stuff to annoy me (as well as some
> stuff to delight me).

I find lots of stuff to delight me (as well as some stuff to annoy me). But them's the breaks.

> Does this not
> a) make running a sorcerer's visit to the Other Side well nigh
> impossible since there is nothing describable in human terms for
> them to see?

Who cares about sorcerors picking their nodes (and noses) on the Other Side? This isn't the stuff of Much Game Fun, IMO.

> b) completely crap all over the long-accepted description of How Arkat
> Discovered HeroQuesting? How the hell anyone can recognise elements from
> the sorcery Realm reflected in the Theist Realm? (Mind you, he's also a
> mystic so....)

As I understand it, Arkat (and other *interesting* Malkioni heroquesters) are having mock-Arthurian adventures on the Theist Realm (or Spirit World, or whatever), with the appropriate hefty negative modifiers for inappropriate interaction. Only sad boring theological/sorcerous types indulge in the dull "sorcerous" quests described in the HW Narrator's Book. Remember that 1st Age Malkionism was much closer to orthodox theism than the monotheist Jrusteli would ever allow you to believe.

I am willing to be convinced otherwise, as soon as I first play in an entertaining sorcerous heroquest that fits the description given in HWNB.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick