Mike Cule He Say

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 22:56:37 +0100

> Nick Brooke he say:
>
>> Who cares about sorcerors picking their nodes (and noses) on the Other
Side?
>> This isn't the stuff of Much Game Fun, IMO.
>
> 1) Am I supposed to exclude Third Age Monotheists from access to the
> Other Side because I can't describe what's going on meaningfully?

Nope: instead, I'd recommend you follow Third Age Monotheists who ride on interesting heroquests through the alien realms of paganism with lances held high (at a -20 penalty); not Third Age Lab-Researchers who link theological node 'X' to sorcerous node 'Y' in order to prove (or disprove) Zzabur's Last Theorem.

> 2) The way it's described in the main rule book is the way newcomers
> will treat it. It ain't very Narrator-friendly in my opinion....

I agree completely. I don't see why people would want to play this kind of event out in a game, given that there are many more interesting things to do in Glorantha. That's why I offer my alternative approach. Not that Arkati/Arthurian HeroQuesting is in any way "pure" Western HeroQuesting -- but it's colourful and interesting, and it happens, and the people who do it have no intention or ability to participate in sorcerous node-picking.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick