Maps

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_mail.bol.bg>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 14:12:22 +0200

Michael Cule:
> So, despite being enough of a sorcerer to teach it to the trolls
> he was

Except in Olden RQ Days the uz had *crap* sorcery -- I always interpreted this as Arkat not teaching them how to understand sorcery, but more as "wave this here white stick and say these words, and Good Stuff happens."

Granted, it seems weird to me that since Uz can't use Statham Well as a home node they can still use sorcery under the new rules... :P

And the new "desciption" of Sorcery (liturgists, etc.) doesn't sound too trollish to me.... :(

Alex Ferguson:
>I realise this is 'volunteering' someone for a fairly hideous
> amount of work, but is there any reason why, if Prax doesn't fit
> in with Issaries' plans (and they've stated to the point of
> laryngitis that it doesn't), but huge screaming hordes of fans
> want it anyway,

If I grok it right, Greg seems willing to allow some licensing for stuff he's not concerned with / won't get to right away. So fans could approach Greg with a Prax "Book", and if they fund it themselves and get his permission, go on to publish it with Issaries' blessing to use the HW logo, etc. etc., have it treated as official, etc. (Or, who knows, within the HW line). Don't know how accurate this is, and not sure how the Finicky Business Crap would work. Nor how easy it would be to get Greg to okay everything in the book.

> > My own box had two rather duff A4 photocopied maps (Glorantha
Well, with this h'ar new web tech-nol-ogy, Issaries *could* make up for this by putting exciting and excellent maps online -- not *that* hard for them to do. Hell, make 'em clickable image maps, so clicking on a location brings up a paragraph describing the location, or refers you to areas where you can find info in print, or something.

Not as good as quality hard-copy maps any day of the week, sadly. But it'd be a partial consolation.