Aldryami myths

From: Lemens, Chris <CLemens_at_exchange.webmd.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:07:09 -0400

Questions (for which I have my own answers, but am looking for better): 1. Why, mythically, are elves cannibals? Why don't they eat their three primal elements: earth, water, and light? 2. It seems to me that Chalaneron is a blue elf (associated with Eron), Vronkal is a green elf (the "Vronkali", after all), so (to maintain three-fold symmetry, which seems important in Greg's most recent Aldrya myth) High King Elf must have been a white elf, associated with Halamalao. That would account for historical associations between elves and Yelmalio/whatever worshippers in some areas. Any reason not to believe so? 3. Is there any reason to believe that any of these characters are actually dead? Could Vronkal be hiding out in the Winterwood? 4. If Halamalao is the sun, and the sun disappeared to start the darkness, and Zazakor the Taker was the agency of the that disappearance, then the story of how the darkness started that is known among many humans (some version of storm slew the sun) is totally different. Is that right? 5. Were any actors responsible for aiding in the rebirth of the Taker as Bebester and the Grower as Sanarana, or where these just events that were observed?
6.	Are Aldryami animists, paganish sorcerers, or what?
7.	Would Aldryami view the creation of the red moon in the same way
that they (retrospectively) view Osentalka: a misguided attempt to compromise between Potential and Oblivion, rather than Grower and Maker?

Background can be found at
http://a-sharp.com/issaries/issaries-i/AldryaMyth.html for GTA Initiates. I can't find it on the new Glorantha site, unfortunately.

Chris Lemens