Re: The death of the RE and rise of the Brown Dragon

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 04:16:11 +0100 (BST)

Chris Bell on the dragonrise:
> Most notable is how the celestial dragon Burbustus takes a bite
> out of Shargash

Does it actually take a bite _out_ of Shargash, as opposed to just at it? I had the benefit of a 10s bulletin on this last Tentacles, but 10s just doesn't go as far as it used to, and heavens know where Greg has gone with it since... That's just gotta do nasty things to its orbit, you gotta think.

> Being that the Red Emperor has many solar-associated powers and aspects,
> as well as his Lunar ones, this was no doubt the equvalent of a
> tactical nuclear strike.

As Jörg says, I don't think partial nobbling of his solar powers would be that crippling; rather it may have more of an effect in 'skewing' the nature of the next Mask, perhaps. ("My client pleads diminished responsibility, due to the Balance of his Empire being disturbed at the times of the alleged Chaotic atrocities.")

> Could the Dragonrise have had only the secondary objective of destroying the
> Temple of the Reaching moon, but the primary objective of assassinating the
> Red Emperor, magically?

I get the impression that this event may be something of 'all things to all men'. Who gets the precise credit/blame may also be a complex issue...

Cheers,
Alex.