Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #664

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_sierratel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:56:57 -0700

> > Hm, I seem to write this basic message on every list I frequent
> > at one point or another...
>
> There must be a lot of people who are puzzled by Issaries' behaviour,
then.

No, it's the same with other games "Company X should publish a book on Y"/"Why don't they..." etc. There are few Game companies that have the entire writing staff in-house (HasbWoTSR does, AEG does) - so the answer to "publish Y" is "send them a proposal".

> > Issaries can't print what isn't written. Issaries can't print what
> > *is* written, but in seventeen different places, such as Praxpak...
> > What Issaries publishes is kind of up to the freelance community
>
> But informing the freelance community that "Issaries won't print anything
> set in Prax for many years to come, because no major Hero Wars events take
> place there, and besides it's all been printed in the last twenty years or
> so" is hardly motivating them to provide input, no? It all looks like a
most
> un-level playing field for the poor old Praxians, compared to TrollPak 3
and
> KralorelaPak and all the other zany works in progress.

You've got a better line on Greg & Issaries than I do if these are really in the works.

While greg does want to get certain things "out the door", he is constrained by what he can actually get written, which means that if no-one wants to write KralorelaPak, it just won't get done (It would take Greg about 30 years to write it, at his current schedule). If the choice is Praxpak or nothing, my guess would be we'd see Praxpak come out (NO, that *does not* mean that everyone should refuse to write until Praxpak is out!).

> As a minimum, I hope the website will swiftly fill up with
> externally-submitted Praxian material (inc. keywords for cultures,
> occupations, traditions, etc.). Sounds like it's up to us to write it,
> though...

"externally submitted" means that it absolutely *is* up to the fans. :-)

> > In the mean time, articles will get added to the web page as they get
> > written, and Issaries doesn't intend for this to be an in-house project!
> > Send your scenarios, suggestions, cults, hero bands, etc. to Nils.
>
> That'd be mailto:nils_w_at_yahoo.com, yes?

Yep. Sorry for not adding it in the previous message.

RR