Re: Playin' Games

From: Eric Rowe <wizard_at_wizards-attic.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:32:23 -0700

>The "hardened, glint-eyed merchant" I spoke to (*not* a fair description, as
>she gives me free sweeties) says the thing most needed for Hero Wars to
>*really* take off would be an imminent and continuing stream of supporting
>publications, so that new players will have a stream of things to play (and
>spend their money on): fast and visible support from Issaries, Inc. in order
>to catch and hold new fans.

This is indeed vital to really take off. Anaxial's roster is being held up slightly due to lack of art, but should still make July for Origins and Convulsion unless the art takes longer than promised again. In the meantime, filling the glorantha.com site with scenarios and ideas for adventures is the best way to give the game immediate support.

>(I know this will not come as a surprise to Eric Rowe, who has about 10w2 in
>Marketing (last time I looked). I hope he still has much input into
>Issaries' Master Plan).

I have all the input I want, I just don't have the control I want. ;-) Issaries has certainly been advised of multiple marketing options and release options given limited funds and market size. Hopefully a few of those have sunk in.

Bottom line is that fast and visible support is important as mentioned above. So anything added to the website would be well timed right now.

Cheers,

Eric Rowe
wizard_at_wizards-attic.com
www.wizards-attic.com