Gloranthan Everway

From: Neil Smith <neil_at_wimp.freeuk.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:11:22 +0100

Russell Hoyle wrote

> I am toying with the idea of making a set of everway style cards to use
> whilst playing HeroWars, and thought that cards with various deities on them
> might be useful instead of the generic cards in the EverWay deck.

I've put some thoughts on Gloranthan Everway at my webpage:

http://home.freeuk.net/wimp/roleplaying/everway.html

I don't think it will be possible to produce a 'generic' Everway fortune deck, as each culture will describe the world in different ways. Frex, would the 'Orlanth' card signify individuality (self-confidence/arrogance), trickery (cleverness/random activity), or rebellion (destruction/questioning authority)? Depends on who you ask (Orlanthi, Praxian, Lunar).

Instead, I think you'd need one set of elements and cards for each culture. I've done some thinking on elements for Prax, but haven't got very far on developing a Fortune deck.

Neil.