Waste Pak

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:28:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/00 9:41:37AM, you write:

Chris Ward types a lot of sense, not least:

<< I also think Cults of Prax should NOT be reprinted in whole as part of  Prax Pack. I love CoP yes, but I no longer believe it is as relevant to the  native Praxians than I once did*. Much of it looks far more like religion  for the various settler cultures in Prax - >>

Nearly everything published about "Prax" is about 'civilised Prax' as opposed to 'nomad Prax'. Probably because nomad life is hard to 'adventurize'. But HW is about communities, and should handle nomad life better than RQ. Encountering wandering spirits isn't just a boring Spirit Combat, so there are more possibilites. I wouldn't want to see reprints, or rehashing of material that might jeopardise new stuff.

I guess I'm undecided as to the merits of either approach: to hash or to rehash?

The worst thing about Chris's suggestion about basing the stuff in the wastes would be that 'Wastepak' is such a dreadful name for a product, and is probably copyright of some bin manufacturer.

Keith N