Cities

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:28:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/00 9:41:37AM, you write:

<< I always thought of that as a bit of Lunar propaganda. The Lunars,  because of their Dara Happan traditions, assume that cities are  important for ALL gods. This is a mistake, in the case of barbarians  and nomads. To a Dara Happan, the fall of the last city that freely  worships Orlanth is a key event, implying defeat of the god itself. >>

The boardgame, Dragon Pass, was clearly written by Dara Happans then, as the victory conditions (in the full game) depend on the number of occupied cities.

I think John Hughes gave the best account of how to handle the binding of Orlanth, several hundred gests ago.

Keith N